You can’t have a healthy body without healthy gums. In fact, if your gums are diseased, you could be at greater risk for a number of other serious health consequences. Fortunately, however, the team at Complete Health Dentistry of WNY offers Buffalo gum disease treatment that can put your gums back on the path to healing. Here are a few key benefits of gum treatment from Dr. Lesinski or Dr. Altman:Dr. James Lesinski on gum disease treatment Read Transcript
When it comes to gum disease, that is one of our foremost practice initiatives. We believe that having any sort of infection in the mouth affects not only the loss of your teeth, but the health of your body, and we practice the highest 21st century techniques and technologies that provide you with a nonsurgical, noninvasive, gentle approach to healing the infections that are in your mouth.
- Get a nonsurgical procedure without any scalpels or stitches
- Enjoy better oral health and overall health
- Improve your breath and avoid embarrassing social situations
- Increase your confidence that your smile is attractive
- Get rid of red, puffy, bleeding gums
- Avoid tooth loss and more extensive dental work down the road
- Stop the pain and discomfort from infected gums
Call Complete Health Dentistry of WNY today to get help for your gums: 716-272-1257. We welcome patients from all of WNY, but we’re especially convenient for residents in the 14228 ZIP code.
We Offer Several Types of Gum Treatments
Healthy gums are a major emphasis for us here. Drs. Lesinski and Altman realize that keeping your entire body healthy begins with good oral health. Gum disease can wreak major havoc on your oral health as well as your total body health. Left untreated, it can lead to tooth loss, but it has also been linked to diabetes, heart disease, and other conditions.
As part of our general dentistry services, your gum treatment here could include:
- Scaling and Root Planing – We’ll use special dental tools to remove (scale) built-up plaque, tartar, and bacteria around and under the gumline. Once the bacteria have been removed, we’ll smooth (plane) your tooth roots to make it harder for bacteria to collect there. This “deep cleaning” technique is effective for helping many patients repair their gums inexpensively and without surgery.
- Perio Protect® – We’ll give you custom-fit trays and a special prescription to use at home. The trays are designed to deliver the medication to the pockets below your gumline where bacteria can thrive. This nonsurgical treatment has been proven to eliminate bacteria so your gums can begin to heal.
Early Detection Can Help Keep Gum Disease at Bay
Experts estimate that about 50 percent of Americans have some form of gum disease. In its early stages, there are often no visible signs. However, as infection progresses, your gums can become red, puffy, and painful, and they may bleed when you brush or floss.
The good news in all this is that we can help. Routine dental cleanings and exams will go a long way toward catching early signs of gum disease. Plus we use a test called OralDNA® that can tell us not only how much bacteria is in your mouth but also the specific kinds of bacteria that are most prevalent. That allows us to tailor your treatment accordingly.
Call us today for Buffalo gum disease treatment: 716-272-1257. Keep your gums looking and feeling their best!